Here’s a brief overview of what you’ll find in this post:
- A quick explanation about the Ticketed Author system
- The ApollyCon 2018 Ticketed Authors list
- The ApollyCon 2018 Ticketed Author process (INCLUDING HOW TO SIGN UP)
- Info about the special instructions for ticketed author Sarah J. Maas (INCLUDING HOW TO SIGN UP)
What is the “Ticketed Author” system?
Authors listed as ‘ticketed author’ are author whom we anticipate to have high table-traffic/long lines for during the signing portions of ApollyCon. In order to keep the signing area from becoming congested during our Saturday signing session, we have created a ‘ticketed author’ system to help stagger the amount of people in the ticketed authors section to keep lines short (and the area clear). Note: The ticketed authors (listed below) will all be located in the same section of the event space in the signing area. (*This does not apply to author Sarah J. Maas–keep reading for special instructions.)
**The ticketed author process will not apply to the Titan signing on Friday. However, author Sarah J. Maas will be ticketed for both the Titan and Saturday signing (due to medical reasons).
Ticketed Author List:
*These will be the authors that will be featured in the ticketed author area
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Erin Watt (Elle Kennedy & Jen Frederick)
Sarah J. Maas –Her table will not be in the Ticketed Authors section; she will have a separate ticketed process (see below).
The Ticketed Author Process for ApollyCon 2018:
For our 2018 event, we will have a staggered time entry system into the Ticketed Author area. How this will work: every 45 minutes we will allow groups of 100 attendees (with wristbands) to enter the section where the ticketed authors will be located. Once you’re in the room, you are free to get in line for any of the ticketed authors you choose. You will also he able to leave and re-enter the ticketed author area as many times as you’d like after your group has been granted access.
The staggered entry process will be in place for the first 3 hours of the signing on Saturday; after the last group gets called to enter, the ticketed author area will be open to anyone else who may not have signed up for a wristband, etc.
TIME ENTRY SCHEDULE (each group has 100 attendees):
12:00PM – GROUP A
12:45PM – GROUP B
1:30PM – GROUP C
2:15PM – GROUP D
3:00PM – GROUP E
3:45PM (until 5PM) – OPEN TO EVERYONE (INCLUDING THOSE WITHOUT WRISTBANDS)
HOW TO GET ASSIGNED TIME ENTRY WRISTBANDS:
***The sign-up form was previously available on 11/4/17–however, if you previously submitted the form on that day, you will need to resubmit it on 11/18/17. To read more details about this, go here: http://mailchi.mp/theoriginevent/ticketed-author-update-important-info.
On Saturday, November 18, 2017 (at 12PM EST)we will open up our Ticketed Author Group Entry sign-up form.
*LINK TO SIGN-UP FORM (which will be open at 12PM EST 11/18): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerj-0EMm88A-XVXjOmA-_xWGgbrMZDdLuj6qxi6Vp6raGd8Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
WHEN YOU SIGN UP: You will need to enter your (THE TICKET PURCHASER’S) full name, email address (does not have to be the same as eventbrite; this will be the email address we will use to inform you of which group you’re in), the number of tickets you’ve purchased (so we know how many wristbands you’d need) and which ticket types you’ve purchased.
PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE FORM ONCE, EVEN IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE TICKETS UNDER YOUR NAME/REGISTRATION. Your wristbands will be available for pickup at the registration area when you check-in for ApollyCon 2018, so it is important the name on the ticketed author wristband form matches the name your ticket is under. That being said, YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET ONE WRISTBAND PER TICKET PURCHASED. Example: If you have 4 tickets for ApollyCon (regardless of which type they are), you will be entitled to no more than 4 wristbands for your timed entry group. Please be sure to fill out the form correctly–any duplicate entries will be deleted. We will assign groups in the order in which the entries have been received, and you will not be able to select the group you want (the groups will be assigned). This will be handled on a first-come, first-served system.
We will send out emails on January 21, 2018 letting you know which group you (and any other people you have purchased tickets for under your name) have been assigned to.
RE: SARAH J. MAAS
As you may know, author Sarah J. Maas suffers from a tendon injury in her hand, which limits the amount of books she’s able to sign at a time. This means she will only be able to sign books for 100 people on Friday (TITAN signing), and 150 people on Saturday (general signing). In order to keep things fair, we will open up two separate signing forms–one for Titan ticket holders (for Friday), and one for Saturday’s signing–and we have a lottery system (names drawn via a number randomizer) to select 100 people for Friday, and 150 people for Saturday to get tickets for her line.
THE SIGN-UP FORMS (ONE FOR TITAN, ONE FOR GENERAL SIGNING SESSION) FOR SARAH J MAAS WILL BE POSTED ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH, 2017.
*We will post the link for this form on this site, and via our ApollyCon Facebook page at 12PM ET that day.
WE WILL SEND OUT EMAILS ON JANUARY 22, 2018 TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO HAVE TICKETS FOR SARAH’S LINE ON EITHER DAY.
Due to her limitations, here are the rules for those who obtain tickets to get in her line:
- She will personalize and hand-sign one book or item per person
- Any additional books/items (to not exceed the 5-book/item limit) will be stamped with her ApollyCon-exclusive signature stamp
- In order to keep the line moving, there will be no posed pictures permitted.
IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO GET A TICKET FOR SARAH’S LINE, WE WILL HAVE AN ADDITIONAL SARAH J. MAAS SIGNATURE STAMP AVAILABLE AT THE APOLLYCON INFORMATION TABLE (LOCATED IN THE SIGNING ROOM) WHERE WE CAN STAMP YOUR BOOKS/ITEMS!
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them below!
We’ll keep this short, and sweet:
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
(Or, copy this link: http://bit.ly/APOLLYCON2018-Eventbrite)
After you purchase your ticket, you will receive an Eventbrite confirmation email. In this email you will find pertinent event info (including the tentative schedule, location, etc), and THE TICKETED AUTHOR SELECTIONS FORM. This form will be where you can indicate which of the ‘high traffic’ authors you plan to visit while at the event. **Note: there is a separate form for Titan pass holders. If you purchase a Titan pass, and plan to attend the Saturday signing you will need to use the “Titan” Ticketed author selections form (this is for Saturday’s signing; there will not be ticketed authors during Friday’s Titan session). If you purchase other ticket types in addition to your Titan one(s), use the General form (both will be clearly labeled) for your other non-Titan tickets. You will submit one form per ticket purchased. You can fill it out on the behalf of the others in your party, or you can forward the form for them to fill out. (If the person filling out the form is not the person whose name the Eventbrite tickets are under, make sure they put the ticket/pass purchaser’s name in parenthesis after their name so we can confirm that they have a registered ticket.) **It’s okay if multiple tickets are under one person’s name; the name on a ticket is only important for pickup at on-site registration. (And one person can pick up all the tickets at the same time under their name.)
**If you purchase Titan passes, you will also have a TITAN PASS HOLDER PANEL SELECTIONS FORM (which will be included in the Eventbrite confirmation email). Fill out this form ASAP with your first choices for panels should you plan to take part in panel programming. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED TITAN PASS (via Eventbrite) PRIOR TO FILLING OUT THE TITAN-SPECIFIC FORMS.
You must have an ApollyCon 2018 Eventbrite ticket in order to fill out any of the aforementioned forms. Form submissions that can not be verified/linked to an Eventbrite ticket will be deleted, so please thoroughly read the instructions on the form(s) to make sure there are no errors/misinformation.
We will be posting more information regarding the Ticketed Author Process in late summer, early fall 2017. If at any point you change your mind on which authors you want to see, you will not need to resubmit the form. We will be using a slightly different system for ticketed authors (as in, no more individual numbers), so don’t stress about changes to names (unless it is the purchaser’s name, in which case email us at email@example.com for us to change that), and don’t worry if all of the people in your party do not submit their forms at the same time. (Though, be sure you submit it within a couple of days of purchase so you won’t forget.)
For full ticket info (with descriptions of each ticketing level), go here.
For the full schedule of events, go here.
Now, for the other announcement!
2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202
TELEPHONE NUMBER: +1 703 418 1234
Yes, the hotel is *technically* in Virginia, but it is within minutes of downtown, D.C. 🙂
Here are some photos!
ROOM BLOCK INFO!
(Or copy this link: http://bit.ly/APOLLYCON2018-HOTEL)
- The room rate is $125.00 per night (plus applicable local taxes & fees)
- Your credit card will not be charged until you check in.
- The room rate is guaranteed from March 21, 2018 – March 26, 2018 on a first come, first served basis (until the room block sells out). *You may book any combination of days within 3/21-3/26 for the room block rate.
- Once the rooms within the room block sell out, there may still be additional rooms available at the event hotel at a higher rate.
- There are limited room upgrades available for an additional fee.
- The room types are: Standard King (sleeps 1-3) or Standard Double (sleeps 1-4).
- A roll-away cot may be added to the Standard King room, but not to the Standard Double room, due to fire code restrictions.
If you have any issues booking a room under the room block, call the hotel at (703) 418-1234, give them the event name and dates, and someone should be able to assist you further.
If you plan to drive to the hotel:
On Site Parking Info:
- Valet Only
- $22 per day (includes a $10 discount for Apollycon Attendees; regular price is $32 per day)
Off Site Parking Info:
*2018 rates subject to change
You can also reserve your parking ahead of time (to lock in a potentially lower parking rate) via PARKING PANDA!
Use this link to sign up, and save $5 on your parking reservation: http://bit.ly/Apollycon2018ParkingPanda
Here’s a direct link to a off-site parking search for ApollyCon 2018 (make sure you change the dates and time for the search): http://bit.ly/ApollyCon2018-OffsiteParking
*Note: If you plan to park off-site, you can still drive up to the hotel to drop off your bags prior to parking your car.
If you plan to fly in/use public transport:
Transportation To/From Hotel:
Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle
- Courtesy Hyatt Airport Shuttle to Reagan National Airport (DCA) departs the hotel every 20 minutes on the hour from 4:40am – 12:00am. (Times subject to change.)
- Shuttle picks up at A Terminal (2nd Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location) and B & C Terminal Arrivals, Door 5 and Door 9 (1st Curb by the marked Hotel Shuttle stop location).
- From Dulles Airport (IAD) to our Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $40 to $45.
- From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) to our Washington DC metro area hotel, cost is approximately $65 to $70.
We will be going (Facebook) LIVE from the venue hotel on 6/20/17!
(Between 10:30AM-11:30AM EST in the ApollyCon Attendees FB group)
More hotel info coming soon!
(Including directions to get to downtown D.C., event room photos, local restaurants, etc.)
To get everyone ready for when tickets go live on Saturday (at 12PM EST), we have a quick-fire post of important ticketing info! PLEASE NOTE: The ApollyCon 2018 ticket sale page is not currently “live”, therefore you will not be able to find it by putting “apollycon” in the search bar. It will be live in time for ticket sales on Saturday, June 17th at 12PM EST.
*This info will also be included with the email newsletter going out on Friday, June 16th. (It will hit inboxes at 7PM EST with ticket links and hotel room block info!)
ApollyCon 2018 Top 5 Frequently Asked TICKETING Questions:
- Will I need a ticket to attend? Short answer: YES. Long answer: Every man, woman, and child that will be present must have a ticket. (Note: Children under the age of 10 are FREE, but you must still plan to register a free child ticket for them via the Eventbrite page.)
- If certain ticket/passes sell out, will there be a wait list? Short answer: YES! Long answer: We will be doing the waitlist system different for our 2018 event. Whereas for the 2017 we had a Facebook waitlist thread (in the ApollyCon Attendees group), for 2018 we will be utilizing the Eventbrite waitlist system, which will automatically kick in once the Titan passes sell out. You will have the option (should you so choose) to get on the waitlist; once a ticket becomes available, you will be emailed via Eventbrite, and have 48 hours to purchase the ticket/pass.
- I plan to purchase multiple tickets/passes for ApollyCon under my Eventbrite account. Do I need to have each person’s name on each ticket? Short answer: NO. Long answer: The name/info associated with each ticket is only important for picking up tickets onsite during the event. It’s actually easier to have multiple tickets under one name, as one person will be able to pick them up at the same time, and distribute them to the other people in their party. Titan and Apollyon pass holders will get a laminated badge when they check in at registration, however, since we are not putting attendee names on the badges, we do not need to collect individual names with each ticket. If you purchase multiple tickets on the same transaction, we will not be able to add individual names to each ticket. (Eventbrite will not allow us to do so.) The only way we can change names on multiple tickets (purchased by the same person) is if there is a separate transaction per ticket. Example: If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets on the same transaction, all three will be under “Jane Doe”. If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets over 3 separate transactions (so, one ticket per transaction), each ticket can be edited to show a different name on each.
- I need to change the name on my ticket(s). How do I do that? If you need to change the name on your ticket, you should be able to do so by logging into your Eventbrite account, and change it directly in there. However, if you’re having issues, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you. We will not accept name transfers/requests after March 16th, 2018.
- How much does it cost to get in? Ticket prices vary from $10 – $120 a ticket. For a full description of each, go here, or click “TICKETS” in the menu on our homepage. All tickets will be sold via Eventbrite, and go on sale on Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at 12M Eastern Standard Time.
**To see more FAQ’s, click here.
TICKET BUYING TIPS:
- If you haven’t already done so, create an Eventbrite log-in/account prior to tickets going on sale. (*If you log in a couple minutes before noon Saturday, the purchase will go faster!)
- Have your PayPal login information ready! Make sure if you’re using a desktop web browser that you don’t have pop up windows disabled, as it may direct you to the PayPal payment window via a pop-up window. As a reminder: PAYPAL IS THE ONLY FORM OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED. **You can use a credit card/bank card that is linked to your PayPal account to buy tickets via Eventbrite, however, you’ll still need to ‘log in’ to your PayPal in order to complete your ticket transaction. If you’d like more info about the PayPal options/process, go HERE.
- To prevent the overloaded server issue of 2016 (where the site crashed), we suggest that you USE THE EVENTBRITE APP. This is not mandatory, but we’ve heard that the success rate for acquiring tickets during max capacity time is pretty high via the app. (Click HERE to get the link to download the app.) Once you have the app and log in with your Eventbrite account, all you’ll have to do is click the link from this email and the app should automatically open up to our event page!
- PLAN AHEAD. Make sure that you acquaint yourself with all of the ticket names and descriptions; if you plan to purchase multiple tickets in one transaction, please pay attention to ticket limits (which are listed under ticket info here.)
- READ THE FAQS. There’s a strong likelihood that you’ll be able to find the answer to your question within our FAQ page. If you have a ticketing question that is not listed, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please be patient! I know, I know — it’s hard to be patient when you’re hoping to score tickets. But we hope that you’ll bear with us should there be any Eventbrite issues, or technical problems Saturday. (*fingers crossed that things go smoothly for everyone!) The Apolly-team will be actively monitoring the Eventbrite sales process, so if any issues arise, we’ll be there to try to get everyone through it. But please keep in mind that there may be some things that may be beyond our control; we will try to keep everyone updated via the social media pages throughout the day. (But again, be mindful that there may be some delays in DM/email responses Saturday.)
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE TICKET WAITLIST PROCESS:
- IF/WHEN THE TITAN PASSES SELL OUT: Eventbrite will offer a waitlist option on our ticket sales page. You’ll know when the waitlist has been triggered, as you will see a button to “JOIN WAITLIST” on the same line where the “TITAN” pass is located. **IF/WHEN all of the ApollyCon 2018 tickets sell out, the waitlist process will be the same (and located in the same place on the ticket landing page).
- TO JOIN THE WAITLIST: You will need to click “join waitlist” and add your name and email info. After that, you will not need to do anything else. **NOTE: You will only be eligible FOR ONE TICKET on the waitlist. (Keep reading for further info on this.)
- SHOULD ADDITIONAL PASSES/TICKETS BECOME AVAILABLE AFTER THEY’VE SOLD OUT (and you’ve joined the waitlist accordingly): Eventbrite will alert people from the waitlist (via email) in the order in which they joined the list. As stated above, EACH PERSON ON THE WAITLIST WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ONE PASS/TICKET EACH. Eventbrite has it set up this way so that one person can’t get 50 tickets at a time.
- IF YOU RECEIVE AN EVENTBRITE EMAIL SAYING A PASS/TICKET HAS BECOME AVAILABLE: You will be given 48 HOURS TO COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE: The transaction will be handled via the Eventbrite site (like a normal ticket purchase), so you’ll only be able to use PayPal as your form of payment. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE WITHIN 48 HOURS, EVENTBRITE WILL MOVE TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITLIST.
- IF YOU’RE NEEDING MORE THAN ONE PASS/TICKET WHILE ON THE WAITLIST: You’ll have to wait for your first waitlist request to be fulfilled, and then you can re-join the waitlist.
- THE WAITLIST WILL BE SHUT DOWN ON MARCH 14TH, 2018.
Check back at 12PM EST Saturday, June 17th for ticket buy links and the hotel room block info! (Or, if you’ve subscribed to our email newsletter, you’ll get that info via email Friday, June 16th at 7PM EST!)
– Panel programming will be open to Titan pass holders only –
For our 2018 event, we are adding in SIX awesome panels for our Friday morning (9AM-12PM) programming!
Things to keep in mind:
-TICKETS GO ON SALE SATURDAY, JUNE 17th AT 12PM EST!
-Panel programming is open to TITAN pass holders only.
-Panel programming will take place 9AM-12PM on FRIDAY (March 23rd, 2018). There are SIX panels total, with two 50-minute panels happening each hour (from 9AM-12PM).
**The Titan Signing will be from 2PM-4PM Friday
**The 1,001 Dark Nights Sparkler Event starts at 7PM Friday evening. Note: the Sparkler event is open to TITAN & APOLLYON pass holders only.
**The SATURDAY SIGNING goes from 12PM-5PM Saturday (March 24th).
**The AFTER PARTY goes from 8PM-11PM Saturday (March 24th)
**The CLOSING KEYNOTE BRUNCH goes from 10AM-12PM (The first portion dedicated to brunch buffet, and the discussion with JLA and KA will begin promptly at 11AM).
*Scheduled to change at any time*
**More updates to come!
***At this time ApollyCon is completely sold out and we have closed the wait list. Should we reopen the wait list as more tickets are refunded/resold, we will make an announcement.***
APOLLYCON 2018 TICKETING INFO
At a glance:
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, June 17th at 12PM EST
- Tickets can be purchased via the EVENTBRITE ticket page/app; PayPal is the only form of payment accepted.
- There are 5 ticketing options available: Titan pass, Apollyon pass, Deity Pass, Saturday (General Admission) signing ticket (along with a FREE child ticket), and the Closing Keynote Brunch ticket.
- There is a Titan Pass ticket limit per transaction; only 2 Titan passes may be purchased on the same transaction.
- MORE EVENT PROGRAMMING COMING SOON! (This includes more information about panels, the 1,001 Dark Nights Sparkler event, Saturday Signing, and After Party.)
APOLLYCON 2018 TICKETS GO ON SALE SATURDAY, JUNE 17th, 2017 at 12PM EST!
**For Panel Programming Info go HERE.
Keep reading for more detailed info!
Here are all five ticket options for ApollyCon 2018:
TITAN PASS ($120) – Friday & Saturday “ALL ACCESS” Pass *
*Does not include access to the Sunday Keynote Brunch event; keynote ticket must be purchased separately.
The Titan Pass will include:
- ACCESS TO ALL FRIDAY PROGRAMMING: 6 panels, the 2-hour Titan Signing, and the 1001 Dark Nights Sparkler event Friday evening.)
- ACCESS TO ALL SATURDAY PROGRAMMING: 5-hour General Signing session, and the 1001 Dark Nights After Party.
- ONE LAMINATED ‘TITAN’ BADGE
- ONE COPY OF THE PROPHECY BY JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT
- A TOTE BAG WITH ASSORTED SWAG & BOOKISH ITEMS
- 1001 Dark Nights Goodie Bag (which will be distributed at the after party to each attendee.)
For 2017’s event, we had 200 of these highly coveted passes, but for 2018, we will have 400! (FOUR. HUNDRED!)
You read that right, 4-0-0!
So basically, we’re ready to double our fun! 😉
APOLLYON PASS ($90) – FRIDAY PERK & ALL ACCESS SATURDAY PASS *
*Apollyon pass holders will NOT have access to Friday morning panel programming, nor the Titan signing. (Keep reading for more info.)
The Apollyon Pass will include:
- ACCESS TO THE 1001 DARK NIGHTS SPARKLER EVENT (Friday evening)
- ACCESS TO ALL SATURDAY PROGRAMMING: 5-hour General Signing session, and the 1001 Dark Nights After Party.
- ONE LAMINATED ‘APOLLYON’ BADGE
- ONE COPY OF THE PROPHECY BY JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT
- A TOTE BAG WITH ASSORTED SWAG & BOOKISH ITEMS
- 1001 Dark Nights Goodie Bag (which will be distributed at the after party to each attendee.)
We will have 200 of the Apollyon passes available! (That’s 100 more than 2017!)
DEITY PASS ($50) – GENERAL SIGNING & AFTER PARTY TICKET *
*We will no longer have the Demigod pass (which was the after party ticket from the 2017 event). We are now offering the DEITY PASS, which includes a ticket for the general signing session as well as a ticket to the after party.
The Deity Pass will include:
- ACCESS TO THE 5-HOUR GENERAL SIGNING SESSION SATURDAY
- ACCESS TO THE AFTER PARTY SATURDAY EVENING (After Party theme: DECADES DANCE – come dressed as your favorite decade!)
- 1001 Dark Nights Goodie Bag (which will be distributed at the after party to each attendee.)
SATURDAY (GENERAL) SIGNING TICKET – $10
*These tickets are general admission, and only valid for the Saturday signing only.
The Saturday Signing Ticket will include:
- ACCESS TO THE 5-HOUR SIGNING SESSION (Featuring all authors and vendors in the lineup)
- CHILDREN UNDER 10 DO NOT NEED A PAID TICKET, but will require a free ‘CHILD’ ticket that will be available via the Eventbrite page.
CLOSING KEYNOTE BRUNCH TICKET – $30
**This ticket includes the cost of food for the brunch.
THE BRUNCH TICKET INCLUDES:
- Banquet-style open seating
- Buffet Brunch including water, tea, coffee, and juice. Food will be available in the first hour of the event.
- Discussion and Q&A with Jennifer Armentrout and Kristen Ashley
- Goodie Bag with an exclusive Apollycon item
**This event requires a separate ticket, and is not included with the TITAN PASS, APOLLYON PASS, DEITY PASS, AND SIGNING TICKET. It will be available for purchase via the Eventbrite page.
To stay updated, sign up for our email list HERE!
Also, feel free to join the Apollycon Attendees group on Facebook for daily event updates!
Planning To Attend ApollyCon 2017?
Keep reading for updates and more!
Before you proceed:
Make sure you have secured an ApollyCon 2017 ticket via Eventbrite. The event itself is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. We will not be adding tickets, or selling any at the door. You MUST have either a GENERAL ADMISSION (free) TICKET, a TITAN PASS, or an APOLLYON PASS if you plan to attend the signing Saturday. If you only have a DEMIGOD PASS, this will NOT get you into the Saturday signing, as it is good for the AFTER PARTY ONLY. If this applies to you – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. <–This is for Demigod pass holders only. Not for people looking for GA tickets.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Make sure you check in at the registration area.
- EVERYONE MUST CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION, REGARDLESS OF WHICH TICKET/PASS THEY HAVE.
- Titan and Apollyon pass holders will get a laminated badge to wear when getting access to the signing space, GA ticket holders will get an adhesive name tag that must be worn/visible when going into the signing space. (Demigod/After Party ticket holders will get a wristband that says “Apollycon Party Pass” that must be worn to enter the party. Q&A with JLA ticket holders will get a silicone bracelet that says “I’m on the Dead List” that must be worn to enter the panel.)
- As long as you have a badge or name tag, you’ll be able to go in and out of the space as often as you’d like during the event hours.
- We highly recommend that you check in prior to Saturday (if possible), as we anticipate a HIGH amount of attendees for the general session Saturday.
- REGISTRATION HOURS:
THURSDAY, MARCH 23RD – 4PM – 8PM
FRIDAY, MARCH 24th – 10AM – 8PM
SATURDAY, MARCH 25th – 8AM – 4PM
For complete registration information, go here.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
FRIDAY, March 24, 2017:
2 pm – 5 pm: Titan Signing (200 Titan pass holders only)
7 pm – 9 pm: Q&A with JLA & Guests (Ticketed Panel Event)
SATURDAY, March 25, 2017:
10am: Wristband distribution for Ticketed Authors begins
12 pm – 5 pm: Apollycon General Signing
8 pm – 11 pm: After Party (*Theme: Fangirls & Fanboys)
What to expect at the signing(s):
Looking for an author or vendor in particular?
Here’s the seating chart (*will be the same layout during the Titan & General signing sessions):
TICKETED AUTHOR INFORMATION:
Here are the 18 “Ticketed Authors” for the Saturday session (not applicable for the TITAN signing):
- If you plan to see any of the authors listed above, you must get a numbered wristband from the registration area.
- If you were unable to pre-register for wristbands (in November), you will be able to get wristbands for the author(s) you want to see beginning at 10AM Saturday. **THERE WILL STILL BE PLENTY OF WRISTBANDS AVAILABLE FOR THE EVENT.**
- If you preregistered, you may pick up your wristbands during any of the days/times that registration is open. Please do so before 10AM Sat, as we will release unclaimed wristbands after that time.
- The only author who will have limited wristbands available onsite is Sarah J. Maas. She has a limitation due to an injury in her wrist. (We will have about 150 available Saturday after 10AM).
- FOR MORE INFO ABOUT TICKETED AUTHORS (INCLUDING FAQ’S), GO HERE.
VENDORS & APOLLYCON MERCH:
We will have 4 vendors selling bookish merch during both signings:
- Appraising Pages/Bookish Box (They’re selling ApollyCon shirts!)
- Pivot Book Totes
- Dooodles by Christina
- Chick-Lit Designs
We will also have an ApollyCon Merchandise table, where we will be selling ApollyCon-branded merch like totes, water bottles, zippered pouches, etc.
Any non-wheeled bags, backpacks, totes, etc are permitted. You do not have a bag limit for the room, but make sure that you’re able to handle the bags you’re carrying in a controlled manner (as in, only bring what you can manage to carry/hold without obstructing lines/walkways).
For bags/carts/suitcases with wheels: you may only bring bags with wheels that can be pulled/pushed in an upright position. (So vertical, not horizontal carts.) If you plan to bring a suitcase, DO NOT LAY IT FLAT (HORIZONTAL) WHILE IN LINE, AT THE AUTHOR TABLE(S), OR IN THE AISLES/WALKWAYS. You may leave the room to lay the suitcase flat to reshuffle it’s contents.
Friday: 12 pm – 4:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Bookstore is open to ALL attendees during business hours. *You will not have access into the signing space from the bookstore.
*For complete info about the bookstore, go here.
*For a list of available titles at the on-site bookstore (Books-A-Million) go here.
After Party Info:
8PM-11PM (You must have a Titan, Apollyon, or Demigod pass to attend)
THEME: Fangirls & Fanboys! Come dressed in your fave fandom, in costume, or just come as you are. (No nudity or glitter, please.) We will have a costume contest where the 1st place winner will receive an iPad Mini!!
- All attendees will get a goodie bag from sponsor 1,001 Dark Nights.
- We’ll have a DJ, Photo booth, and Cash Bar available!
- Light refreshments will be served.
- We’ll have over 20+ prizes/giveaways!
- We will unveil the banner with the ApollyCon 2018 Lineup during the After Party!
*For complete After Party info, please go here.
ALL (DETAILED) EVENT INFO CAN BE FOUND HERE:
We are almost 3 months away from ApollyCon 2017!
Check out this post for updates and announcements to make sure you’re ready for ApollyCon 2017! And also, check out our announcement for ApollyCon 2018!
2017 Author Lineup Updates
The following authors will no longer be able to attend ApollyCon 2017:
- Anna Banks
- Lauren Billings (of Christina Lauren. Christina Hobbs will be still attending.)
- Shayla Black
- Veronica Rossi
ICYMI, the following authors have recently been added to the 2017 author lineup:
- Amy Briggs
- Megan Erickson
- Mikey Lee
In addition to the author lineup changes, we’ve also added a new special guest to the lineup (joining Drew Leighty & Justin Edwards): Pepe Toth!
Feel free to keep checking the this site for an up-to-date author lineup.
TICKETED AUTHOR WRISTBAND RESERVE FORMS ARE NOW CLOSED!
If you’re not familiar with the Saturday session ticketed author process, please click here. *Note: This ticketed author system only applies to the 18 authors listed (click here to see the list). You will not need a wristband for the other authors within the 2017 lineup.
If you were unable to fill out the form(s), do not fret! There will still be wristbands available onsite.
**Due to a tendon injury in her hand, author Sarah J. Maas will have limited wristbands available onsite. She will only be personalizing one book per person, and each additional book/item (within the 5 book/item limit) will be stamped with her signature.**
We are currently in the process of confirming the thousands of entries submitted before the forms closed, and will be sending out confirmations via email late Dec-mid Jan. It is safe to say that if you were able to submit a form, and did so properly, you will have a confirmed slot within the reserve list(s). 🙂
Wheeled/Mobile Carts and Wagons Policy
Many of you plan to bring some impressive book hauls/stacks to ApollyCon 2017, and we know there are some of you wondering if there are restrictions regarding wagons/carts/luggage in the event space. Here’s the official announcement:
NO WAGONS WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE SIGNING AREA.
We expect a large amount of attendees for the Saturday (general) session, and we want to make sure that none of the lines/walkways are obstructed due to wagon-style wheeled bags/carts.
ONLY UPRIGHT CARTS/BAGS/SUITCASES (THAT STAND UP VERTICALLY) WILL BE PERMITTED WITHIN THE EVENT SPACE.
As mentioned, you can use an upright suitcase in the event space, but we ask that you do not lay the suitcases flat (to remove/add books) while in the lines/at author tables). Tip: If you group your books into smaller totes, and place them in your suitcases, they’ll be easy to access with your suitcases in the upright position.
Check out some examples of carts that are portable and permitted within the event space:
If you have any additional questions about this policy, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
ICYMI, THE JLA APOLLYCON 2017 Q&A PANEL WAS ANNOUNCED!
TICKETS GO ON SALE HERE (EVENTBRITE) AT 7PM EST ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 7TH, 2017! Also, we are currently giving away 2 VIP tickets to this panel (for the winner and a friend) in the ApollyCon Attendees Facebook Group (ends Dec 31st)!
**TIP: Tickets will be available online, as well as via the Eventbrite app on 1/7/17 (at 7PM EST) for purchase. Make sure you have a PayPal account (or at least have the log in info) prior to the sale date. You will only be able to purchase one ticket per transaction, so if you’ll need more than one ticket, you will have to do multiple transactions.
(EARLY) APOLLYCON 2018 ANNOUCEMENT!
Make sure you save the date!
Author lineup announcement & ticket info/sales coming early Spring 2017. 🙂
**If you’d like more info about the ticketed author process/system, go here. (http://bit.ly/TicketedAuthorsApollycon2017)**
Don’t forget, you must be registered (via free ticket, or Titan/Apollyon pass) via Eventbrite in order to attend the Saturday signing.
**UPDATE: EVENT TICKETS FOR APOLLYCON 2017 ARE NOW COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.**
Planning to attend the Saturday signing? Keep reading below.
Remember that attendee survey we had everyone fill out a couple months ago? We used the info collected to determine which authors we needed to ticket to help with crowd control during the Saturday signing.
From the answers submitted, we have determined that the following authors will be ticketed:
TICKETED AUTHOR INFO/FAQ’s:
1.) What does “Ticketed Author” mean? It means that in order for you to be able to get in this author’s line, you will need to get a numbered wristband.
2.) Are the tickets/wristbands free? YES! The only thing you will need is to have a registered (FREE) ticket via Eventbrite for the Saturday signing. **UPDATE: Tickets for Apollycon 2017 are now completely SOLD OUT. More passes/tickets may become available in future (via returns), so be sure to join the Apollycon Attendees group on Facebook, and follow the ticket thread to get ticket updates.** If you have a Titan or Apollyon pass, you will not need to obtain an extra ticket, as your pass grants you entry to the Saturday signing. (**YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE SATURDAY SIGNING WITHOUT A TICKET FROM EVENTBRITE.)
3.) Is there still a book/item limit for the ticketed authors? YES. You will still only be able to get 5 books/items per author signed per table visit. If you have more items to be signed, you will be able to get back in line. *More info regarding this process will be provided closer to the event.
4.) How can I get tickets for the ticketed authors? All numbered wristbands for the ticketed authors will be available in the registration area on site. Registration will be open Thurs-Sat (*days subject to change;time TBA), and you will be able to obtain wristbands at that time, as well as during the Saturday signing. WE WILL ALSO GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO RESERVE YOUR WRISTBANDS (FOR EACH TICKETED AUTHOR). Read #5 for more info on this process.
5.) How can I reserve a wristband for the ticketed author(s) I want to see at Apollycon? On Saturday, November 19th, 2016 (at 12PM EST) we will be releasing a post via this website, as well as via our Facebook page which will contain the links to 18 individual google forms (1 for each ticketed author). These forms will be open to the first 300 people (per form and per author) to reserve a wristband. **If you’re not able to fill out the form before the slots fill up, don’t worry! We will still have wristbands available on Saturday, March 25th, 2017. **
Those who are notified that they are within the 300 slots (per author) will be notified via email, and are guaranteed to get a wristband that has a number 1-300. NOTE: If you among the first 300 for any given ticketed author, you will not be assigned a “time slot” or wristband number at the point in which you submit your form. This will mean that your name will be on the list at the registration table, and when you arrive, you’ll check in, and be given a wristband with a number within the first 300 for the author(s) you selected. The numbered wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-served system, and must be picked up AT THE REGISTRATION AREA, AND MUST BE PICKED UP PRIOR TO 10AM SATURDAY, MARCH 25th, or they will be released. (Registration will be open Thurs-Sat, hours TBA closer to the event.)
6.) How many wristbands am I allowed to reserve? YOU MAY ONLY RESERVE ONE WRISTBAND PER AUTHOR via the google forms. This means that you’ll have an opportunity to reserve one wristband per author, so one google form submission per author. The google form will ask your for your full name that you used to register your Saturday ticket (via eventbrite) for the Sat session. So if you have more than one FREE Saturday session ticket via eventbrite (that you may have gotten for a friend, or family member), be sure that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (TYPE “SATURDAY REGISTRATION NAME CHANGE” in the subject line) so that we can change the name on your other tickets so that your friends can register for a wristband, too. <–This does not apply to TITAN/APOLLYON PASS HOLDERS. If you have multiple Titan/Apollyon passes under one person’s name, but each person (who you got passes for) want to reserve wristbands, have them put THEIR NAME first, then put YOUR NAME (or whosever name was used to register the passes) in parenthesis afterward. That way we will be able to match it up without thinking that it is a duplicate reserve request. ANY DUPLICATE GOOGLE FORM SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DELETED.
7.) Can friends/family get in line with me if they don’t have a wristband? Yes. They will just not be able to hand any items/books to the author to be signed. Keep in mind, we will have line staff who will be STRICTLY enforcing the ticket/wristband policy.
8.) How will I know if I’m in the first 300 per author/or that I have a wristband reserved? We will send out an email to each attendee that will be on the list for the first 300 wristbands per author. The timing of this email will depend upon how quickly the 300 slots fill up per author. (Meaning, if all the slots fill up in November, you’ll receive the email in November indicating if you’re in the first 300.) We will also make an announcement via the Facebook page or on the original post (which will go live at noon EST Saturday, November 19th, 2016), indicating if all the slots have filled up.
JUST TO BE CLEAR: There are 300 reserve slots per ticketed author. That means there will be 18 separate forms that you will have access to in order to reserve your spot with each. Don’t get discouraged if you’re not in the first 300 for the author(s) you submit forms for. We will have more wristbands available on the day of the event!
9.) What information will I need to fill out the google forms? YOUR FULL NAME (whichever name you used to register for your Saturday session ticket via eventbrite) and YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. There will be a section where you indicate which day you intend to pick up your wristbands, and a few sections where you’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions of the wristband system. Each google form is identical, and you will need to complete EVERY section before submitting.
10.) I have a Titan/Apollyon pass. Will I still need a wristband on Saturday? YES. The wristband policy applies to all Saturday attendees. Please keep in mind that the lineup will be the same for the Friday (Titan-holders only) signing, and the Saturday (general) signing. It is our hope that all Titan holders are able to get all of their books/items signed during the Friday session since there will be a significantly smaller amount of attendees that day. And to reiterate: THE FRIDAY TITAN SIGNING WILL NOT HAVE A TICKETED AUTHOR SYSTEM. The ticketed/wristband system will only apply to the Saturday session.
11.) Who can pick up the reserved wristbands from the registration area at Apollycon? ONLY THE PERSON WHOSE NAME IS ON THE LIST/REGISTRATION MAY PICK UP THE WRISTBAND. If you have wristbands reserved under the name “Jane Doe” for 3 separate authors, you can pick up all 3 at the same time. **For those who had Titan/Apollyon passes that they purchased for a friend (and when they filled out the form, they put your name in parenthesis next to their name), you will have to be present at the time your friend picks up their wristbands (for verification purposes). <–If you have questions regarding this, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
12.) What numbered wristband will I get? This will be determined when you pick up your wristband. We will distribute the wristbands in numerical order in the registration area (days and times TBA closer to March 2017). Example: If you’re the 5th person to pick up a wristband for author Jennifer L. Armentrout, you’ll get wristband #5. If you are with a group of friends who are all planning to get wristbands for the same author, you may want to pick up wristbands in the registration area at the same time. That may be your best bet to have numbers that are close together.
13.) How will the wristband process work on the day of the event? We will call groups of numbers (example: numbers 1-30, then 31-60, and so on) per author to line up. As people move through the lines, we will then call the next group to line up until we reach the final numbers. We will have a person on a mic announcing the numbers, as well as a whiteboard where we will have the current numbers displayed. If you’re not able to line up once your number is called (whether you’re in the bathroom, or stuck in another area/line), you will be able to get in line afterward, even if we’ve moved on to the next group of numbers.
14.) Will I be able to get back into a ticketed author’s line to get additional books/items signed? The short answer is YES. Long answer: We won’t be allowing people to get back into line until we’ve gotten through all the remaining numbers that have been distributed. Depending upon how many wristbands have been allocated (which may differ per author), we may not have enough time for every attendee to go through each ticketed author’s line twice. For example: Let’s say we’ve distributed 450 wristbands for author Jennifer Armentrout. If you’re waiting to get back into Jennifer Armentrout’s line, you’ll have to wait until after number 450 has had an opportunity to line up. You can always defer to the line monitor (in the Apollycon shirt) on how many more people there are left to go through the line so that you can plan accordingly.
**NOTE**: Our goal is to make sure that everyone has a chance to get through each line at least once. This may mean that if you need to get back into one of the ticketed author’s lines (to have more your remaining books/items signed beyond the initial 5), there is a possibility that we may run out of time. We are expecting a significant number of attendees on Saturday, so please try to prioritize, and use your time (all five hours of it) wisely!
15.) I’ve received an email stating I’m on the wristband reserve list, how long do I have to pick up my wristbands? NOTE: If you were able to submit a reserve form prior to the forms closing, it is safe to assume you are on the list. (As long as you have a registered eventbrite ticket for the Saturday signing, and submitted the reserve form correctly.) Emails will start going out the evening of December 27th, 2016; there will be separate emails for each ticketed author’s reserve list. So, there will be 18 emails that will go out, and the emails may be staggered. If you filled out a form, and have not received an email by January 31st, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look into this for you.
16.) How long will I have to pick up my reserved wristbands? If you have received a confirmation email, you must pick up your wristband prior to 10AM on Saturday, March 25th, 2017. After that time, we will be releasing ALL REMAINING wristbands (including any within the first 300) for attendees who were not on the reserve list. It’s okay if you’re not able to pick up your wristband on the day you indicated on the reserve form, as long as it is prior to 10AM Saturday.