You have questions? We have answers!
We know that not every question you may have is listed, so if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us!
(Page updated June 8th, 2017)
- What is Apollycon? Apollycon is an event for readers across all genres (including YA, NA, and Adult), which includes panels, bookish social events, signings featuring authors and special guests, as well as an after party where readers and authors can connect.
- Will I need a ticket to attend? Short answer: YES. Long answer: Every man, woman, and child that will be present must have a ticket. (Note: Children under the age of 10 are FREE, but you must still plan to register a free child ticket for them via the Eventbrite page.)
- How much does it cost to get in? Ticket prices vary from $10 – $120 a ticket. For a full description of each, go here, or click “TICKETS” in the menu on our homepage. All tickets will be sold via Eventbrite, and go on sale on Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at 12M Eastern Standard Time.
- Where can I get/buy tickets/passes? The tickets can be found here. (**Please note: ticket sales for Apollycon 2018 will not open up until Saturday, June 17th, 2017 at 12PM EST.)
- If certain ticket/passes sell out, will there be a wait list? Short answer: YES! Long answer: We will be doing the waitlist system different for our 2018 event. Whereas for the 2017 we had a Facebook waitlist thread (in the ApollyCon Attendees group), for 2018 we will be utilizing the Eventbrite waitlist system, which will automatically kick in once the Titan passes sell out. You will have the option (should you so choose) to get on the waitlist; once a ticket becomes available, you will be emailed via Eventbrite, and have 48 hours to purchase the ticket/pass. Since we are no longer offering refunds for tickets/passes after January 1st, 2018, we will be disabling the Eventbrite waitlist, and offering a google form signup for ticket transfers. The google form will be posted in the ApollyCon Attendees Facebook group on January 2nd, 2018. We will then contact people on a first come, first served basis to handle reselling of tickets and ticket transfers for people who are no longer able to attend (and have tickets to unload). Each person who is contacted (from the google form waitlist) will be contacted via email, and will have 48 hours to purchase the available ticket(s) before we move to the next person in line. *We will shut the google form waitlist down as of March 14th, 2018.
- I plan to purchase multiple tickets/passes for ApollyCon under my Eventbrite account. Do I need to have each person’s name on each ticket? Short answer: NO. Long answer: The name/info associated with each ticket is only important for picking up tickets onsite during the event. It’s actually easier to have multiple tickets under one name, as one person will be able to pick them up at the same time, and distribute them to the other people in their party. Titan and Apollyon pass holders will get a laminated badge when they check in at registration, however, since we are not putting attendee names on the badges, we do not need to collect individual names with each ticket. If you purchase multiple tickets on the same transaction, we will not be able to add individual names to each ticket. (Eventbrite will not allow us to do so.) The only way we can change names on multiple tickets (purchased by the same person) is if there is a separate transaction per ticket. Example: If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets on the same transaction, all three will be under “Jane Doe”. If Jane Doe buys 3 tickets over 3 separate transactions (so, one ticket per transaction), each ticket can be edited to show a different name on each.
- I need to change the name on my ticket(s). How do I do that? If you need to change the name on your ticket, you should be able to do so by logging into your Eventbrite account, and change it directly in there. However, if you’re having issues, you can email us at email@example.com and we can assist you. We will not accept name transfers/requests after March 16th, 2018.
- What is the 2018 Programming schedule? Please go here for the schedule. Note: The times may be subject to change leading up to the event.
- Am I allowed to bring books from home to be signed? YES! There is no limit for “outside” books.
- Will I be able to purchase books at the venue/event? YES. There will be a bookseller on-site selling with books for purchase. *Please note: They may not have a lot of older/back list titles or formats. We will post a list of books that will be available at the Apollycon bookstore, as well as the days/hours of operation.
- Is there a book/item limit for how many books I get signed per author? Though there is no limit for the amount of “outside” books you bring to the event from home, there will be a limit as to how many books you can have signed at a time. We are doing this in effort to keep all of the lines at the author tables moving at a steady pace. There will be a FIVE (5) BOOK/ITEM LIMIT per author, per table visit (unless otherwise specified – some may have less). Should you have more than 5 books/items for an author, you may get back in line to have the remaining items signed. For example, if you bring 7 Jennifer Armentrout books from home to have her sign, you may get in her line, but you’ll only be able to get 5 of the 7 books signed the first time you approach the table. After which you’ll be able to get in the back of the line and get the remaining 2 books signed when you approach her table a second time. There is no limit for the amount of times you get into an author’s line, however, there may be a couple of authors who have specific limitations. (We will make those announcements closer to the event.) Keep in mind that if you plan to bring more than 10-15 books signed per author, it may be possible you won’t get them all personalized/signed. due to time constraints.
- Can we take pictures with each author? Pictures are permitted, but please be courteous when doing so. Have your phone/camera ready to go when you approach the table so that we can make sure everyone is able to get through the lines quickly. Also keep in mind that there are a few author’s who have light sensitivity, so please NO FLASH when taking photos. **Please note: Apollycon organizers & authors reserve the right to prohibit individual/posed photos with authors at any given time during the general signing session. Our overall goal is to ensure that the event runs smoothly, and efficiently, so there may be a chance that we may have to discontinue posed photos in order to keep the signing lines moving.
- I plan to sign up to volunteer. Do I still need to pay for a pass? YES. If you are interested in getting the swag/items that comes with the Titan or Apollyon passes, you must still purchase the corresponding pass. If you purchase the Titan pass, and are selected to be an Apollycon volunteer, you will still be granted access to the FULL Friday programming that comes along with it. All volunteers will also be entitled to a refund should they not wish to use their ticket.
- Is the author list/panel lineup final? No. The author lineup is subject to change at any time, including (and not limited to) the week of the event. Sometimes, unforeseen circumstances arise, which can result in a featured author not being able to attend. We also may periodically add authors to the lineup, too. Your best bet is to follow the Apollycon social media pages (or check back here) for up-to-date changes and announcements. We will do our best to keep the website updated, but your best bet is to follow the other pages where news will get shared more frequently.
- Where can I get Venue/Hotel information? Go here for updated venue information. See further info below.
- Will there be a discounted room block available at the Apollycon hotel? Short answer: YES! Long answer: The hotel/venue won’t be announced until June 17th, 2017 (and by email on 6/16/17 if you’re a subscriber). Go HERE for current updates regarding the room block, hotel, etc.
- Is there an age restriction/limit for tickets/events? There is no age restriction/limitation for any of the ApollyCon events. Be mindful that there may be some mature language/themes during some of the Friday panels, in case you plan to have young ears present. Though there is no age limit for the after party, there will be alcoholic beverages available for purchase. Be sure that you bring your I.D. if you’re 21 or older and plan to purchase alcohol.
- What is the refund policy on tickets/passes? All paid tickets/passes purchased are FULLY REFUNDABLE until January 1st, 2018. If you will no longer be able to attend, you will be given the option to re-sell or transfer your tickets/passes beyond January 1st, 2018.
- I plan to attend the Saturday signing, are there any special instructions for that day? All ticket-holders will have access to the entire author/special guest lineup on Saturday. However, we plan to have a “Ticketed Author” system set in place for some high-traffic authors for line control purposes. Once you’ve purchased a ticket for ApollyCon 2018, you will receive a confirmation message/email with a link to the Ticketed Authors google form which will have a list of ticketed authors. You will use this form to sign up for the authors you plan to visit during the Saturday signing. (No additional purchase will be necessary for ticketed authors.) Follow the instructions listed on the form, and be sure to fill it out for each ticket you’ve purchased. (Example: If you purchase 3 tickets, fill out the form 3 times – 1 per each ticket holder with their name.) We plan to email ticket holders who have filled out the form in late 2017 with further information regarding the Ticketed Author process.
- What is the cart policy? Rolling bags/carts are permitted, as long as they are upright/vertical. Wagon-style (horizontal) carts will not be permitted in the event space as we do not want to block lines, nor access to tables because of wagons or oversized horizontal carts. Suitcases are permitted (as long as the meet the upright requirements), but you may not lay it flat in the walkways.
- I have a disability/need additional assistance to enter the event space(s). What should I do? We plan to accommodate anyone with disabilities with wheelchairs, scooters, canes, service dogs, etc. If this applies to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or notify ApollyCon staff when you pick up your registration on-site so that we can give you further instructions on which entrance to use, etc. If you have any questions or concerns leading up to the event, please contact us via email.
- Will there be Press Passes available? No. Since the general signing on Saturday is free, we will not be offering any additional/special passes for bloggers, or members of the press.
- I’m an author, and I’d love to join the Apollycon lineup. How can I sign up? As of now, the Apollycon 2018 author slots and waitlist are full. Should we have more space available, we will reopen the form.
- I have a question that isn’t listed on here. How can I contact the Event Coordinators? Feel free to contact us (Steph & Hannah) via APOLLYCON FACEBOOK PAGE, APOLLYCON TWITTER PAGE (Twitter Handle: @ApollyCon), or via email: apollyconevent[at]gmail[dot]com.
**We will keep updating this FAQ’s page, so feel free to keep checking back!**
To stay updated, sign up for our email list HERE!