You have questions? We have answers!
We know that not every question you may have is listed, so if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us!
(Page updated November 21st, 2016)
- What is Apollycon? Apollycon is an event for readers across all genres (including YA, NA, and Adult), which includes a signing event featuring authors and special guests, as well as an after party where readers and authors can connect.
- How much does it cost to get in? A ticket to the general signing is FREE. If you wish to attend the Saturday (general) signing, you will need a ticket. You will not be permitted to enter if you have not registered via eventbrite. There are also paid options available to enhance your Apollycon experience, including the Titan (SOLD OUT), Apollyon (SOLD OUT), and Demigod (after party) Passes. For more info, go to our TICKETS page.
- Am I allowed to bring books from home? YES! There is no limit for “outside” books.
- Will I be able to purchase books at the venue/event? YES. There will be a bookseller on-site selling with books for purchase. *Please note: They may not have a lot of older/back list titles or formats. We will post a list of books that will be available at the Apollycon bookstore, as well as the days/hours of operation.
- Is there a book/item limit for how many books I get signed per author? Though there is no limit for the amount of “outside” books you bring to the event from home, there will be a limit as to how many books you can have signed at a time. We are doing this in effort to keep all of the lines at the author tables moving at a steady pace. There will be a FIVE (5) BOOK/ITEM LIMIT per author, per table visit (unless otherwise specified – some may have less). Should you have more than 5 books/items for an author, you may get back in line to have the remaining items signed. For example: if you bring 7 Jennifer Armentrout books from home to have her sign, you may get in her line, but you’ll only be able to get 5 of the 7 books signed the first time you approach the table. After which you’ll be able to get in the back of the line and get the remaining 2 books signed when you approach her table a second time. There is no limit for the amount of times you get into an author’s line, but keep in mind that if you plan to bring more than 10-15 books signed per author, it may be possible you won’t get them all personalized/signed.
- Can we take pictures with each author? Pictures are permitted, but please be courteous when doing so. Have your phone/camera ready to go when you approach the table so that we can make sure everyone is able to get through the lines quickly. Also keep in mind that there are a few author’s who have light sensitivity, so please NO FLASH when taking photos. **Please note: Apollycon organizers & authors reserve the right to prohibit individual/posed photos with authors at any given time during the general signing session. Our overall goal is to ensure that the event runs smoothly, and efficiently, so there may be a chance that we may have to discontinue posed photos in order to keep the signing lines moving.
- Where can I get/buy tickets/passes? The tickets can be found here. (**Please note: ticket sales for Apollycon 2017 will not open up until Friday, June 3rd, 2016 at 12PM EST.)
- I plan to sign up to volunteer. Do I still need to pay for a pass? YES. If you are interested in getting the swag/items that comes with the Titan or Apollyon passes, you must still purchase the correspoding pass. If you purchase the Titan pass, and are selected to be an Apollycon volunteer, you will still be granted access to the FULL Friday signing that comes along with it.
- Is the author list final? No. The author lineup is subject to change at any time, including (and not limited to) the week of the event. Sometimes, unforeseen circumstances arise, which can result in a featured author not being able to attend. We also may periodically add authors to the lineup, too. Your best bet is to follow the Apollycon social media pages (or check back here) for up-to-date changes and announcements. We will do our best to keep the website updated, but your best bet is to follow the other pages where news will get shared more frequently.
- Where can I get Venue/Hotel information? Go here for updated venue information.
- Will there be a discounted room block available at the Apollycon hotel? Yes! However, the rooms fill up VERY quickly. If by chance the room block is sold out, you can still possibly find vacancies in the event hotel, just not at the Apollycon rate. There may be rooms/nights available that will show as ‘sold out’ online, so we highly recommend calling the hotel at:(407) 351-1000 to check availability. As with question #8, go HERE to find pertinent links/info.
- I would love to volunteer at Apollycon, where can I sign up? We are so happy that many of you are interested in helping out at the event! Go here for sign up info/links! (Please note: the sign up form for Apollycon 2017 will open up in July 2016, and selected volunteers will be notified October 1st, 2016. Be sure to keep an eye on the social media pages for updates!)
- I’m an author, and I’d love to join the Apollycon lineup. How can I sign up? As of now, the Apollycon 2017 author slots are full. However, we do have a wait list for authors who are interested to join the lineup should more spaces become available. Go here to fill out the interest form. (**Please note: by submitting the form, it does not guarantee you a spot for the 2017 lineup.)
- Is there an age restriction/limit for tickets/events? * Edit (11/5/16): Due to fire code restrictions, every person who wishes to attend the Saturday general signing MUST HAVE A TICKET. This applies to children as well. Tickets to the general signing are FREE, so you just need to register additional tickets should you need them. * <- Should you no longer need your free ticket, please log into your Eventbrite acct and cancel your Saturday ticket. There is no age limitation pertaining to tickets for the signing, or after party. There may be alcoholic beverages served, so be sure that you bring your I.D. if you’re 21 or older.
- What is the refund policy on tickets/passes? All paid tickets/passes purchased are FULLY REFUNDABLE until January 1st, 2017. If you will no longer be able to attend, you will be given the option to re-sell or transfer your tickets/passes beyond January 1st, 2017.
- I plan to attend the Saturday signing, are there any special instructions for that day? YES. 18 authors in our Apollycon 2017 lineup will be ‘ticketed’. This means you will need to obtain a wristband (which are FREE and will be available at registration) in order to get in line. To see the list of authors, and get more information, go here. (There is a FAQ at the bottom of that post.) There are some wristbands that may still be available for reserve, and can be found here.
- Will there be Press Passes available? No. Since the general signing on Saturday is free, we will not be offering any additional/special passes for bloggers, or members of the press.
- I like to win things, point me in the direction of GIVEAWAYS, please! From now until the week of Apollycon 2017 we will be giving away all kinds of prizes, including FRONT OF THE LINE PASSES! There is only one way you can win them, and that is through the Apollycon Featured Blogs. Click HERE to get to know the 25 blogs who will be helping us release info, author spotlights, and hosting EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAYS! (Also, keep an eye on the Apollycon social media pages for other chances to win.)
- I want to buy a Fast pass, where can I get it? Though we previously advertised a Fast Pass option, we decided to remove it as we want to give all attendees an equal amount of time within the signing area during the Saturday signing.
- I have a question that isn’t listed on here. How can I contact the Event Coordinators? Feel free to contact us (Steph & Hannah) via APOLLYCON FACEBOOK PAGE, APOLLYCON TWITTER PAGE (Twitter Handle: @ApollyCon), or via email: apollyconevent[at]gmail[dot]com.
**We will keep updating this FAQ’s page, so feel free to keep checking back!**
To stay updated, sign up for our email list HERE!